Director of the Kirby Laing Institute for Christian Ethics
Tyndale House, Cambridge is seeking to recruit a Director of the Kirby Laing Institute for Christian Ethics (KLICE: the ethics programme of Tyndale House).
The purpose of Tyndale House is to foster Biblical Scholarship in service of the Church and the post holder is required to subscribe to the core beliefs and ethos of the charity.
The main activities of the post are:
- Strategic leadership and oversight of all KLICE’s institutional activities, towards the goal of increasing the capacity and effectiveness of KLICE to promote Christian ethics in the academy, the church and society.
- Development and implementation of KLICE’s Strategic Plan, in dialogue with the overall strategic direction of Tyndale House.
- Management of all KLICE activities
- Securing the financial basis of KLICE and to oversee KLICE’s development staff and activities (through seeking grants, donations and other revenue streams).
- Research in the fields of biblical and Christian ethics to which KLICE is committed.
- Production of publications for academic and general contexts.
- Engagement in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision.
The postholder is expected to have:
A completed PhD. in Christian ethics or a related area (which need not have been awarded by a theology department).
Interest and experience in biblical ethics.
Experience of successful communication of Christian ethics to academic, church and public audiences.
Capacity for fundraising for research and other projects.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 12th May 2017
Administrative Assistant (Donations & Subscriptions)
(Part-Time: 16hrs over 4 days or 15hrs over 3 days)
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Tyndale House possesses one of the finest libraries for biblical research in the world, packed with specialist material on the language, culture, history, and meaning of the Bible. It also has facilities for medium and long-term accommodation. The House enjoys close links with the University of Cambridge and many postgraduates, church leaders, and visiting scholars have found it an ideal setting for their own study.
Are you efficient, enthusiastic and have an eye for detail? We are looking for a committed team worker, with administration experience, to work as part of our small finance team. You will assist in the delivery of an efficient and effective service to both existing and potential supporters of Tyndale House.
The role involves: ensuring all gifts and donations are processed and acknowledged in a timely manner; to ensure that all subscriptions are up to date and that membership data is recorded accurately; respond in an efficient and friendly manner to enquiries from individuals and organisations; to provide support to the finance team.
You will have experience of working in a similar environment, and have a high standard of numeracy and literacy, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be flexible, able to carry out a wide range of tasks quickly and accurately, and enjoy working in the context of an international community of scholars. Training will be given as required. If you feel this position fits your skills, values and experience (or potential), and playing a role in fulfilling the purpose of Tyndale House excites you, then we would love to hear from you.
For further details and to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 24th April 2017
Job Description: Administrative Assistant (Donations Subscriptions).pdf