Tyndale Library is a very productive place for research, because of the fast and easy access to books and the latest electronic resources. The time from reading a footnote to finding the actual work it refers to is from 2 to 5 minutes. All books are on open access shelves, and no books can be removed from the library, so everything is immediately available. Tyndale Library aims to acquire every work of academic importance in the area of Biblical Studies. Occasionally a researcher needs something which is not in the Library, but there are roughly 100 other libraries in Cambridge, mostly no further than a 15 minute walk.
Some Research resources:
- Library Facilities - there's nothing like actually being here!
- Tyndale Library Catalogue
- Library Desk – a limited number of readers can be accommodated within the library
- Networked software – subscription and networked facilities available at Tyndale House
- Libraries in Cambridge – about 100, including manuscript collections more than 1000 yrs old
- Scanning Service – a chapter or an article from the library can be emailed for a small fee