This policy explains the cookies that may be set as a result of your visiting the University's central web site - URLs starting http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/. You will need to consult the appropriate information on other sites for information on their policies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but within your web browser you can choose to accept or decline cookies for any web site. You can usually modify your browser settings to decline all cookies if you prefer, or accept or decline on a case-by-case basis. The Information Commissioner's Office Advice for Members of the Public tells you how to control cookies. Bear in mind that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of websites.
- More information about cookies - http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Information Commissioner's Office Advice for Members of the Public - http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/online/cookies.aspx.
The cookies used on this site are there to:
- help our website to work better
- measure how you use the website (using Google Analytics) so we can improve it
- and share information with social networks.
Cookies associated with the social media, facebook and twitter potentially build up a profile about you.
Civic"This is the cookie stored by Cookie Control when a user agrees to have cookies stored on their machine." See for more info http://www.civicuk.com.
CMS cookies only for the current session
The Tyndale House website uses the following cookies CMSSESSID[+ID], cms_admin_user_id, cms_language, cms_passhash. It helps our site to serve you better. No information about your personal browsing history is taken from them.
This cookie is set until the year 2030. It only looks at what region you access the website--but otherwise in no way couples it to any way to identify you--so that if you use the former Tyndale House Library database Tyncat3 to find books, you can be best served: e.g. you are looking for second hand books and you live in the UK, then it is best to direct you to UK sellers.
The three Wibiya cookies (WibiyaLoads, WibiyaNotification[+ID], and WibiyaProfile) are used for the toolbar on the website. It does not collect personal identification information. The cookies do provide anonymous usage information. For more info, see http://wibiya.conduit.com/privacy.
This site runs Google Analytics--only on the toolbar page--that uses four cookies for tracking visitors to the site.
- These cookies store information about what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
- No data specific to any identifiable user is retained, and we do not share our data with any other Google services.
- With the values gained from these cookies Google Analytics can interpret journeys through our website content, give us information about how people use our site and so present an opportunity to improve it.
- Due to shortcomings in Google Analytics the cookies for www.cam.ac.uk are returned to any web site in .cam.ac.uk. We believe that the Google Analytics code on these other sites will ignore these extra cookies.
- Google Analytics information about privacy and cookies may be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html and https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- As a user you may opt out of the process Google Analytics uses to collect traffic log data (should your web browser be compatible). Google provides a browser add-on that enables a user to opt out of receiving Google Analytics cookies - http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other websites
Access to personal data
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the 'Data Controller' for the processing of data collected by this site is the Tyndale House in Cambridge, and the point of contact for subject access requests is the Technical Officer (36 Selwyn Garden, Cambridge CB3 9BA, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tyndale House is also Data Controller in respect of any personal data served as content by this site.