Dr Elizabeth Robar
Junior Research Fellow in Semitic Languages
- Telephone INT +44 (0) 1223 566601
- Fax INT +44 (0) 1223 566608
- Email email@example.com
- Contact Elizabeth Robar
M.A. Old Testament, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2004
M.A. New Testament, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2005
Ph.D. (candidate), University of Cambridge 2012
UK Semitic Linguistics Group
Society of Biblical Literature
National Association of Professors of Hebrew
Semitic Philology and Linguistics, esp. Biblical Hebrew
Biblical Hebrew literary studies and discourse analysis
Grammar-driven Biblical Exegesis
(Koine) Greek Linguistics
• ‘Nunation’. In Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics, ed. Geoffrey Khan. Leiden, Brill. In press.
• ‘Wayyiqtol: An Unlikely Preterite’. Journal of Semitic Studies. In press.
• ‘Grounding (Foreground/Background)’. In Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics, ed. Geoffrey Khan. Leiden, Brill. In press.
• ‘The Hexapla Project: Traditional Scholarship Meets Modern Technology’. Pages 91-108 in Computer Assisted Research on the Bible in the 21st Century. Eds. Luis Vegas Montaner, et al. Piscataway, NJ: Gorgias Press, 2010.